Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Sidelined


I recently got back into running after being away from it for almost twelve years, partly because I started to have all sorts of issues with my feet and knees.  When it comes to running, as much as I love it, I'm a mess!  I have plantar fascitis, flat feet, bad knees, but I love running and so I'm sticking with it.  I have been training for the Rock N Roll Half Marathon Aug 1st and am only 4 weeks out now and I'm starting to get worried.  On my 7 mile long run (longest distance ever for me!) 12 days ago I ended feeling amazing, physically and mentally!  After an hour though I couldn't walk and was laid up with immense pain the rest of the weekend.  After a week of rest, icing, and ibuprofen I ran an easy three miler with my brother (Hi Joe!) and ended up with the pain again!

I feel like the goldilocks of running shoes -- I had too little support and then too much.  I'm hoping my new shoes are just enough and will get me through the rest of this training and my goal of completing my first half marathon.  No matter what though, even if I have to walk, I'm going to finish it.  For the puppehs and kittehs!

PAWS Fundraising Page

No comments:

Post a Comment