Monday, March 8, 2010

Ice Queen



The Assignment: photograph a bride and add in a little whimsy! I was able to con a friend of mine into signing on for the photo shoot, despite the chilly weather and the fact that her dress was strapless! We had a great time though and got some amazing shots, helped in no small part by the fact that she is gorgeous and a natural in front of the camera. It was my first time doing something like this and I loved it. All my nerves vanished once I started shooting and my mind just clicked along seeing possibilities in everything. It was an incredible feeling and if poor Keysha hadn't been turning into an icicle I could have shot all afternoon!
In the end I think my favorite photos involved a cool pair of metal steps we discovered on the beach, and the contrast of the coat and scarf over her gown. You just never know what's going to yield the most interesting results. And of course, it wouldn't be a post with out Oz sticking his nose in there somewhere!




1 comment: