Friday, March 5, 2010

Kick Start

I work in an office, in a cubicle really, and even though I have great windows with an excellent view of Union Station with plenty of sunshine, it's still a cubicle. I started my job as a temp and got hired permanently for being so awesome, and there really is a lot that's great about it. All the coffee I can drink, walking distance to a gym, smack dab in the middle of the city, but what started as a great way to have Insurance and a paycheck that facilitated travel and figure out what I wanted to do with my life as I drifted away from Acting began to leach all creative thinking from my brain.

I knew I needed to kick start the creative part of my brain that's been taking it entirely too easy. I have always loved taking photos, of anything and everything, I love having that tangible reminder of moments in my life, and photos (especially in the age of digital!) take up way less space than a collection of snow globes. I got myself a Nikon D3000 DSLR starter camera and classes at the Chicago Photography Academy and now I am loving life! I'm thinking creatively, I'm surprising myself, I'm being pushed out of my comfort zone and feeling sick to my stomach over assignments and I'm loving every minute of it.

I plan to use this blog to share my work as I learn and improve and get myself deeper into this Photography business. I think it's love and it's getting pretty serious!

I'll leave you with a photo of my adorable pup Oz and the namesake for this blog.

1 comment:

  1. I love the comment about photos taking up less space than a snow globe collection!

    ReplyDelete