Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Sir Ozenpoops




They say that you should write what you know, well I love to photograph what I know -- namely my family, but I've discovered that my dog is a much more willing participant. Dangling a jar of peanut butter in front of my husband's face just does not have the same effect as it does on Oz!

Thanks to a multitude of treats and peanut butter and with the help of my husband playing the part of Photography Assistant I was able to get Oz to sit stand, look left, look right etc. It was great, I loved learning what works and what doesn't to get the results I want and learned even more about what I could have done to better manipulate the light and use the light I had more effectively.

This assignment was great practice, I could definitely see Pet Photography becoming a niche I wouldn't mind be settled in. As sort of a win-win scenario I'm currently offering pet portrait sessions, an hour long session with ten high resolution images on disk for $25. All proceeds go to benefit PAWS Chicago on whose behalf I will be running the Chicago Rock N Roll Half Marathon in August!

PAWS Fundraising Page




1 comment:

  1. I love that you are doing the race and supporting all the rescue animals out there. We rescued Tucker and I'm so happy we did. You go!!

    ReplyDelete